As we get into our mid 20’s, the thrill of hitting the town on a Friday night begins to wear off a little. We no longer need to hit the club to have fun and after a long week of work, the idea of a night in to re-connect with our girlfriends is pretty appealing! Being able to kick off our heels at home is sometimes the best option for much-needed girl time. That doesn’t mean the evening has to be boring nor does it have to be the same old popcorn and a movie. These revamped ideas for a girl’s night in are sure to liven up any at-home gathering with your ladies!
1. Hold a Wine Tasting
What girl doesn’t love a good old fashion wine tasting? If you can’t go to the vineyard, bring the wineries to you! Ask each of your friends to bring a bottle of wine you don’t usually drink and set-up a wine tasting with a paired cheese and crackers plate.
2. Movie, Clothing or Book Exchange
A movie night or a book exchange are not new ideas for girl’s night but we suggest combining them for a new theme! Ask your girlfriends to bring over the clothes they don’t wear anymore for a clothes swap. Or, do a movie night and have your friends bring over a few of their old DVD’s. DVD’s may be old news but someone could have a few feel-good classics that the crowd will love.
3. Get out the Polaroid Camera
Remember when taking pics with your besties wasn’t just for Facebook or Instagram and we instead put our photos into albums or frames? Well, we kind of miss the days of selfies where we didn’t care what we looked like because no one would see the photos but us. They captured the real moments of making silly faces with your girlfriends or dancing around. Pick up a fun polaroid camera or a disposable to take pics throughout the night. The photos are guaranteed to be way more memorable and even sightly entertaining in the morning!
4. Fondue Finger Food
Fondue isn’t just for date night, it’s also a deliciously easy way to enjoy appies with your besties! Rather than one person doing all the cooking, fondue is a fun way to gather around the table and get everyone involved. Dig out your old fondue pot and pick up ingredients such as veggies, bread and cheese for a healthy dipping delight.
5. Make Pink Champagne Heart Shaped Jello
You didn’t really think we would expect you to drink a bottle of wine each to yourselves in one night did you? Use the extra bottles of that sparkling wine you brought for this deliciously divine recipe. It’s a fun way to get everyone involved without the mess and cleanup of baking!
Pink Champagne Heart Shaped Jello Shots
1 bottle pink champagne (3 cups)
1 cup Amaretto
4 envelops Knox gelatin
4 tablespoons sugar
1 drop pink or red food coloring
1 heart shaped (or any shape you like) mini cookie or fondant cutter
1. Pour 2 cups pink champagne in a medium sized sauce pan (no heat yet) sprinkle on your 4 envelopes of Knox. Let sit for 2 minutes letting the gelatin activate. Turn on medium heat and stir with a fork or whisk until the gelatin dissolves. Add 4 tablespoons sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
2. Spray a 9″ x 13″ brownie pan with cooking spray.
3. In a separate bowl pour 1 cup Amaretto and 1 cup pink champagne. Add a drop of pink or red food coloring so you don’t lose the pretty pink champagne color. Add Amaretto mix to you your hot champagne mix and then add to brownie pan. (4 cups total)
4. Refrigerated overnight. Slowly and carefully (with a heart shaped cookie cutter) remove your heart shaped jello shots. Refrigerated until serving.